G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all of the hoopla surrounding the changes to The Big Train Show, unless I missed something, nobody mentioned that the show won't be held at the Ontario Convention Center. At least that's what "Bob" says: "To start off with, why we are changing the venue of the Big Train Show."

Unless Bob or Brian speak a different language, "venue" means locality, or essentially "location." Maybe they're going back to the QM?

BTW, for those who questioned how it could continue to be called "The Big Train Show," it's a simple matter of which word you emphasize. So rather than The Big Train Show (equal emphasis on "Big" and "Train" it becomes "The BIG Train Show." It's kinda like that book, "Eats Shoots and Leaves," or "Eats, shoots, and leaves." Got it? :)
P.S. Sorry about all the different type sizes. Blame the BTS guys, whose message was set in 14 point or whatever.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Maybe it was just a poor choise of words.

They cant possibly be going back to the QM The show hardly fit in the QM as it was. Adding more scales? Where would he put them?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Having already booked rooms at the Hotel opposite the Ontario Convention Center
Is anybody in a position to tell me if the BTS is going to be held there, please?
Rod

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Thats exactly what I was looking for Dwight, thank you. We are looking forwards to seeing the usual gang at Dinner again.
Rod

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
According to the BTS website, their booked their thru 2011.

Too bad (to me) as they are just finishing a major renovation to the Pasadena Convention Center. which would be a much more centrally located venue for the show. Plus youz guys would really like Old Town Pasadena
alot more than unfashionable Ontario

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Yeah, but Old Town Pasadena is what? about 4 blocks long, and one block wide, while the rest of Pasadena looks a like.... Ontario. I used to live near both of them.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Ouch that hurts, Pasadena looks nothing like Ontario, I know as I lived in Claremont and Montclair for a few years too.
At least in Old Town you can easily walk to almost everywhere here from the Convention Center, unlike Ontario which requires a decent car drive to get to Victoria Gardens or other restaraunt venues, lots of great restaruants in Old Town.

I'm hoping that the National Narrow Gauge Convention is going to be at the Center in 2014. Its scheduled to be here that year but so far the actual venue is unclear.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Bro. John we will arrive at the Marriott Hotel on Friday 5th, about noon. I won't forget the licourice this time. Looking forwards to seeing you again. Will Chris be with you?

Who's booking the dinner venue on the Friday?

Rod

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Bro Rod
Thanks in advance for the licourice. My mouth is starting to water just thinking about it.
Looking forward to seeing you and Jill again
Not sure if Chris can make the show yet. I know he sure wants to be there.
I have not heard any thing about dinner plans for Friday yet. But I am sure
Something will turn up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts