G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am still sorry I missed this one time doubleheading event. Art, too bad you could not somehow get the grossly out of scale engineers (too big by a fact of 32) from spoiling each shot. I have no idea why these throttlemen would not get more than an arms length away from this $40k lashup.

Those who have not participated on one of Steve’s weekly social events have no idea about the difficulties Art overcomes in producing this continuing series of feature films. It is seldom if ever that he or us as a group can keep the chickens from cackling long enough to hear the locomotives working in a single clip. Thus the absolute need for Art to dub in the music as nobody wants to listen to our background cackling.

Art - Are the rumors true that you will soon be releasing your latest film entitled “Daylight’s Unsuccessful Test Flight”? Don’t tell me you failed to capture this truly historic event?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom,
If you referring to the failed attempt at Zube, Yes I failed to get the video of that derailment. I had just stopped videoing when the wind caught Calebs Daylite cars and "Caboom". Oh well maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
The problem was the old track barely had 10 foot radius. We had to run em fast to get through the curves so things would not bind up. The new track has 14 foot radius and the BB's will now run nice and slow through the curves. It is fun to open em' up and blow the carbon, er' I mean steam oil out sometimes too though. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.