G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd try taking some pictures of my well-worn MTH Big Boy this morning on the temporary patio layout. I've resized them to comport with the forum's policy on the posting of pictues.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The s-curves are 8' diameter and, truth be told, they really are a challenge for the Big Boy. On one s, the locomotive pulls the tender off the tracks as it turns to the right, and promptly pulls it back on the tracks on the reverse portion of the s - every time!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Jonathan

DITTO what Jerry said BUT I will be glad to pick up the BB /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif
AND give you 'Visitation rights' since we are about 1 hour away. :cool:

We will be sure that the BB and a Challenger are not playing together /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif
on my dual 140' elevated track since it's 4' to the grass (non-smoking). /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

the_Other_Ray

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - I'm almost tempted to take you up, Ray, just to see your elevated track! It sounds wonderful.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Jonathan
We would love to have you/spouse/BB come for a visit.
We just will not tell your better half about the
Soloman Pond M*L* just down the road.

You and the BB will have to pass inspection by Mr. I SAY SO (Shop Forman).

1:32 F-7 by Great Trains and 1:29 Prov&Worc Aristo passing.
I am sure that they are waving with ALL their fingers.

Just a few RDC-1's waiting for passengers.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By N1CW on 09/13/2008 4:38 PM
Jonathan
We would love to have you/spouse/BB come for a visit.
We just will not tell your better half about the
Soloman Pond M*L* just down the road.

You and the BB will have to pass inspection by Mr. I SAY SO (Shop Forman).

I used to work for the fellow! Spittin' image of him!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Ray, for the invite! That shop forman looks an awful lot like the partner I used to work for in Washington, but without a cigar. The track is just awesome, by the way, and I agree with C.T. on the Great Trains F-7 - sadly, between my love of trains, cars (see avatar), and planes, I think I'm a much greater risk to our bank account than my wife is at ANY mall. For instance, I'm down in Marion, MA with my parents this weekend so I could take my kids to the see the Collings Foundation B-17, B-24, B-25, and, most significantly, two-stick P-51C at PYM. I had proposed to her that I get a check out in the P-51, but she balked at $3,200 tax deductable price of entry. As it turns out, the area is totally IFR this morning, but I hope it clears up later. From your "handle" here on the boards, Ray, I'm guessing you have a similar interest in things with wings!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Big Boy still looks brand spanking new, looks good! I can tell you I'm amazed at the crazy kinds of corners and curves those things can take for as big and engine as it is. They did a really good job with the everything to allow it to do that.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I thought that was the southern yardmaster at Golding's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts