161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Heh, I know how you feel John. I volunteered to do a class on garden railroading as part of our community education program in June. That means I gotta get a lot done to be ready for my class!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats John on a nice article, great read. I only wish I had read it earlier as I drove down to Carlyle from the Indianapolis area last weekend to attend your Gateway Winter Meet (my first but not my last). You guys put on a good show. Assume you were there.

I have enjoyed this thread on your progress. Continue to keep us posted. Just wish I had your ambition.

Dale

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
FOR SALE! Yes I regret to inform you that my home and Railroad is up FOR SALE. Going to downsize after divorce and may or may not take trains with me. And it is just about finished too! BUMMER!

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By up9018 on 09 Jun 2012 08:28 PM
Take the trains John, they will help you keep sane thru the whole thing. Plus you have nice stuff!

Chris
I agree with Chris.....Take the trains with you......Start over.....You will find they will be a help later on.

JJ

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Good to hear from you again John. Sorry to hear what has happened.

I say keep what you can as well, enough for a kick start some time in the future anyways. Replacing stuff later is harder than keeping it..

Cheers
Neil

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Sorry to here that John. I enjoyed watching you build the RR and obsticales you had to over come. So as with a divorce you shall over come. Yes try to keep the trains. I did and glade that I did. Help me keep my sanity. Stay in touch. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
WHAT???????
wives own 59% of anything it seems.
Divorce??? thats a nasty word.
I don't even want to hear it.
sorry bud.
MAN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Posted By Biblegrove RR on 01 Aug 2012 09:19 PM
Railroad for lease. Needing some motivation here

Get yourself a "Thomas" and his "friends" and lease it out for birthday parties! You can get a "Special Events Program Application" from your insurance company and get "rider" for the day if liability is a concern.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.