G Scale Model Train Forum banner
101 - 120 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Spring has sprung and I now intend to get something accomplished ASAP. IS THIS HOW YOU DO IT?

As you can tell in this pic, I have quite the steep hill to traverse. I simply thrown down some rocks and began to backfill to make a cut against the bank. Filled with Limestone and Lime topped with dirt.

Should drain well eh? Or else it will make it's own drainage

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I need some encouragement, feeling depressed after comparing current pic to last years. Not allot of progress in the past year. I have spent most of that time and $$$ building a Bar & Grille. And the fall weather will bring more favorable working conditions. I guess I just need to create a plan of attack and make some goals for myself (including posts of progress on this thread).

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
lol, have not purchased the Kegerator quite yet. Wanting a small fridge 1st for juices etc. DO have a Blender with spout on it! I always wanted one of those 2 stroke weed eater blenders with MX handlebars on it, but don't have that yet either.... maybe Xmas? lol

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I had about 15 ft of the pipe from never putting in a meter at my old house/shop. Had to buy 4 more feet and all the fittings, mounting plates etc. mixed water pipe with electrical 1 1/2" o.d. but made it work. I thank GOD my father in law has a pipe threader/cutter etc. that was a big help. STILL cost $100 in parts to piece it together! The top was one piece of So. IL. Cedar tree 2" thick, gave $150 for 2 16' slabs of the biggest cedar tree I have ever seen! Still need to sand and coat it with envirotex (another $200) all lights are on dimmers (5) and plenty of outlets on 2 breakers. Hot/cold water in stainless sink, back bar etc. Installed a metal roof for dryness and all wires are hidden. Notice the BibleGrove box lit sign? all and all just under 2k for this thing, much more than anticipated! Started out just being a cheap bamboo tiki bar...1 year later....More for grillin than chillin' when weather is nice I can even "work" my job out there from laptop, phone line etc.
thanks!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I had a break in the heat so I tried finishing up on the trestle, only concrete to be poured now. And I built another box girder bridge for the last 8' to Lake Paradise (pool). This way you can duck under when walking around perimeter or the pool, eh...Lake.

This bridge will most definitely need a center support so I am going to construct a round concrete pier using PVC as a mold. To be poured upside down so the modified end will fit up inside the bridge for support. I cut the PVC in half for easy removal and using hose clamps. I siliconed the cracks at the bottom too.
Question: Should I shove in some kinda screened filler? Do not want to use rebar because it oxidizes and cracks etc. I do have some plastic chicken fence, would this even help?

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
A picture is worth a thoushand words?

You built a bar so you could have need for barstools so you could build ladder roadway on the barstools?

Thats logical. It works.

Plastic chicken wire? For Plastic Chickens?

I see you have a thatch roof on your bar. There is a nussery here in phoenix that is building thached roofs for your back yard.

·
Registered
729 Posts
John,

The voice of experience speaks "stagger the side to side joints between the ladder sections". By staggering the side joints you will reduce both vertical and horizontal kinks in the ladder sub roadbed. My best suggestion is to overlap by at least 1 foot (more if you can).

Bob Cope

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Actually the box girder bridge looks very good. It has more detail than mine.

I just learned how to make the detail from Livesteam.

Is that the friday night poker table under the box girder bridge?

PS Plastic chicken egges have a longer shelf life than regualr egges

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By Biblegrove RR on 21 Aug 2010 09:05 PM
SOOOOO....? what can I use in the pillar form like wire etc? certain type of high strength concrete maybe?

What Piller form?

Am I missing something?

There is rebar in these puppies.

101 - 120 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.