G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
How are you going to get curved track to sit right inside that tube? You won't be able to see if it's level.

My sole tunnel is only 1/4 of a 10' diam circle, I'd have lost a train inside without an access hole in the middle. It's not a pleasant feeling dragging a derailed loco/ train out of it.

My track was laid first and then I built my tunnel over it. Even then one edge of a portal was a tad close to the sides of long cars... I moved the tunnel!

I hope you tested this part of construction before burying that pipe... I hope your ambitions are acheivable..

John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Uh huh...

It looked like there was a straight section before the curve in the tunnel pic above. I would have tried securing the joiners/clamps as I fed the track in, couldn't see getting the curved parts through the straight parts.....
Another learned bit 'o knowledge.... my gardens is Rocks, it's much harder to get close to the portals once scenery was spread around.

John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Looking good!
I'd suggest filling it with water to see where you'll need drainage. Better to drill through the crete now before you add track....

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.