G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
If you are going to use a straight board to make grades. Make sure that it is strong enought not to sag in the middle. I did that and made a big problem.

What I did find in the trash was 6 FT contractors level made of metal that had all the bubbles broken out.

I just set it up and put a torpedo level on tops. It works well

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
If you do the Foil technique Please post some pic's as you do it. Also closeups of the results.

Some of the big rocks I have I had to put mortar at the base and on some of my portals I used Motar. I got this bag at Home Depot in the masonary section It is cone shaped. It looks like the bag Cake Decorators use. I use it to put motar between the rocks. Works rather well. People who build stone fire places use it to put motar between the stones like grout.

I bought three for differet hole sizes to produce different beads of motar.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
A picture is worth a thoushand words?

You built a bar so you could have need for barstools so you could build ladder roadway on the barstools?

Thats logical. It works.

Plastic chicken wire? For Plastic Chickens?

I see you have a thatch roof on your bar. There is a nussery here in phoenix that is building thached roofs for your back yard.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Actually the box girder bridge looks very good. It has more detail than mine.

I just learned how to make the detail from Livesteam.

Is that the friday night poker table under the box girder bridge?

PS Plastic chicken egges have a longer shelf life than regualr egges

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By Biblegrove RR on 21 Aug 2010 09:05 PM
SOOOOO....? what can I use in the pillar form like wire etc? certain type of high strength concrete maybe?

What Piller form?

Am I missing something?

There is rebar in these puppies.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By up9018 on 05 Oct 2010 07:31 PM
Give the boss a cookie, he will probably let you back on then.

I think he is going to need more than just one cookie. That was a bigger Disaster then I have ever done

Heck,that was worse then what ever Stan and I did together.

Maybe he should have the handle of TRAIN WRECK JOHN B.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By up9018 on 09 Jun 2012 08:28 PM
Take the trains John, they will help you keep sane thru the whole thing. Plus you have nice stuff!

Chris
I agree with Chris.....Take the trains with you......Start over.....You will find they will be a help later on.

JJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.