G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
653 Posts
If you're looking for simplicity more than strict accuracy, USA Trains trucks are very close in size to the MDC trucks. On the other hand, if you're looking for a true 1:32 scale truck, Ozark does several different truck types in 1:32 in white metal. I'm using their 5-foot wheelbase trucks on my MDC ore cars with AMS wheels. They look great and add a lot of weight to the car, but it does take a fair amount of work to put them together. If you do decide to replace your MDC trucks and need to send them off to a good home, let me know! I'm always in the market for more MDC truck sideframes.

· Premium Member
653 Posts
You can also buy the AMS trucks direct from Accucraft through their online store (part # AP-13039). Unless they come fitted with ball-bearing wheelsets (not specified on the website), or they have switched to making them out of some sort of gold alloy, I can't see how they can justify charging $40 a pair for these things though.

· Premium Member
653 Posts
I would imagine the wheels are included (they'd better be for that price, and the other trucks listed in their online store are shown with wheels), but it doesn't specify whether they're plain wheels or the more expensive ball-bearing wheels.  Considering the trucks aren't sprung and the level of detail just isn't up to Accucraft's usual standards (visually they're weakest part of the PFE reefers), it seems odd that they'd cost so much more than other 1:32 truck offerings like the Ozark kits (which are sprung but come without wheels), or the MDC-style trucks now available again from Mainline America.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.