G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I did not get any hits on the Wanted forum I will try here.
Wanted Please: Main and side rods for the MB project as produced by Barry Big trains. These are P BRONZE. I have a number of trailing truck kit stuff for trade.
N

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Sorry, I only have 1 set of rods and they are on my steam Bogie. I think I do have some rods that were produced by David Fletcher. They are laser cut flat stainless steel, if you are interested I will try to find them. I used the Bronson-Tate rear truck but the plastic construction has not stood up well as my loco is quite heavy. What are the truck parts you mention? Are they metal?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winn,
The trucks I have are made by Barry and are cast p.bronze. Send me your snail mail and I will get a pair off to you.
N

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Winn,
Thanks for the MB parts and the check (which was not necessary, but much appreciated). I am not building a MB from the Master Class series, but rebuilding a Rishion MB. I had Roundhouse cylinders and all the valve gear set up to replace the mess that was the original, but now cannot find them. They are in the scrap yard called my shop somewhere I am sure. Just don't know where. Typical of me.
Send some photos when you get Barry's trailing truck on the engine. Barry seems to have gone to the dark side
Noel

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Noel, I have a pair of Roundhouse Lady Ann cylinders I was going to use on my Bogie but they had too short a stroke for the setup on the Fletcher design. I made a pair that are essentially the same design but with a 7/8 stroke to use on my Bogie. You are welcome to the Roundhouse pair if you want them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts