G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm. To sail or to railroad. Now there's a conundrum!

Maybe I'll go railroading and save sailing for when I can't go far from the office;)

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Torby
go rail roading ,it was nice here to and this is my first day in almost 3 weeks that i could run a train . We ran the train about 1 1/2 hrs. than a storm move in . BEN:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It sure is! The backyard dried up so work,/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif or run?:) I choose wisely I ran.:D

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took my Mallet to the Botanical for the day. On the fairly steep grade, it ran about 2 1/2 hours per charge.

The dallee sound system started acting up and it was real hot in the boiler where it's mounted. Maybe if I was to adjust my regulator down a few v. I have it at 14.4 now.

About 7:00 some cars derailed in a tunnel and the engine yanked hard enough to break my brass & JB weld drawbar and unplug the connectors. Dave had a pretty little diesel he was wanting to try out, so we put that on. Won't take long to repair the drawabar, and now I know a weak spot, I'll improve it.

Then the weather looked threatening, so I packed up my engine. It rained at closing time while we were putting trains away, but then cleared off and was beautiful.

Rained pretty heavy this morning already.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I know about this one Torby. Sail when the wind is right, there's less of that than railroad days. Yesterday the sea was rough and the wind was out of the East...not a great day for sailing.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now what did I do with my JB Weld?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts