0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I dissembles the Portor Engine and convert it to battery power

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Papa!

This would prob get a better response in the Battery Power Heading....I wish I could help......is this an LGB engine?

cale

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh the challange!

I have an 0-4-0 Anna. Best guess is that it is close to a 1:20.3 Locomotive.

It needs the weight so unless you remove the lead weight in the saddle tank batteries will likely take a trailing car. You could place batteries in the Cab but it would not look very good.

Instead I will use a supper capasitor.

Plans are to install the decoder, backup power, and SUSI sound.

Taking it apart is rather simple. You need to remove the 6 screws holding the Cab and then there are 2 screws on the inside side of the cylenders holding the boiler down.

I think I will have time over the weekend to do this.

May bring it to the NMRA National for my clinic.

More later when I do the conversion.

Stan

·
Registered
318 Posts
The installation was very easy and very sucessful. The delay was when I found I did not have a speaker that would fit and had to order one from Tony.

I took out the exitsing board and indstalled both a decoder and a power module in its place. In the smolebox I installed a SUSI sound module and at the top of the smokestack I installed a speaker. Since the sound goes up the volumn is rather good for such a small lspeaker (1.22")

I will use the loco as a demo one in my clinics and it will be udes on the railroad to switch one of the industrial areas.

Stan Ames

1 - 6 of 6 Posts