G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the trip from Tampa Fl. to Sevierville Tn. for Christmas......On the day after Christmas I went to the Bass Pro shop there to see the christmas train display......guess what they were taking it down....Whats up with that.....so I did not purchase anything in their store.  I found a couple of things that I wanted.  So instead I lodged my protest with one of the workers there.....Who takes down their Christmas displays till after New Years Day....I was so disappointed.....

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
wow..
yeah, I agree thats a bit extreme..
its universally accepted that Christmas displays do not come down until after Jan 1st! :)

perhaps someone in store management never really wanted the display in the first place?
and maybe they agreed to it only on the condition that it disappear on 12/26..
thats the only logical explainiation I can think of..
Bah Humbug! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

Scot

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That's because they put it up in October and are tired of looking at it.
My local Home Depot had put most of the Christmas display items away by the 23rd!

-Brian

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Yeah, my wife was tired of the Christmas stuff she had put up. It's gone now. My Dept 56 display is still up and will be until next weekend. The tree is still up too, but would have
started coming down had I felt better. Bad cold. So, it's up for another few days. Guess I'll be happy for it all to go also, just not on the 26th! lol

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Yep all they major stores got rid of Christmas already. What a bunch of scrooges. I leave mine up till Jan 2 then all is gone. Later RJD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.