G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what you get when you recieve a Christmas gift that you don't know what to do with. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif

You change the riverside winter scene that you've been planning and reconstruct that Piko wharf.  Then you add some street lights that you have for another project and an old gas pump saved for yet another project.  Add a fisherman.

Of course the scenery isn't in yet,  I'll work on the beach and the water somewhere down the road but it lights up a dark corner now. 

A few months back I never would have thought. :rolleyes:

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Notice that he doesn't have any fish yet:D

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Posted By Torby on 02/20/2008 3:29 PM
Notice that he doesn't have any fish yet:D" align="absMiddle" border="0" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/biggrin.gif" />

The fish will bite - but he'd be wise to store up on pork and beans for a few months anyway. ;)

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Posted By Dave F on 02/20/2008 4:30 PM
Is it just me or does that fisherman kind of look like Bubba from that angle?

That's the guy!

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see it with water and sand.
Is that a backdrop that you bought?
Did you paint it?
Or was this scene shot outside during twighlight?

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By dawinter on 02/20/2008 2:06 PM
This is what you get when you recieve a Christmas gift that you don't know what to do with. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif

You change the riverside winter scene that you've been planning and reconstruct that Piko wharf.  Then you add some street lights that you have for another project and an old gas pump saved for yet another project.  Add a fisherman.

Of course the scenery isn't in yet,  I'll work on the beach and the water somewhere down the road but it lights up a dark corner now. 

A few months back I never would have thought.

Dave
Funny how that goes.  Seems like in this hobby this sort of thing happens a lot. You end up with these odd-ball structures or other features and feel a need to somehow utilize them in the overall scheme. Kinda changes the scheme a bit, doesn't it?  Speaking of wharves, I'll be needing to do something about that when I begin my Phase III project which includes a riverside steamboat wharf.  It'll be interesting to see how this new project of yours develops.  Good luck.

--Ron in AK

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is very frustrating.  I've spent an hour trying to post two small pics from the web space but can only get one. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

Anyway, the 'backdrop' is just something I painted on.  When I turn off the room lights in that part of the basement a small light goes on inside the building in the foreground and illuminates my sky as per....

That usually reflects enough sunset to keep the room in semidarkness.  Enough so you can see the details and still appreciate the street lights etc.

Dave

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what that 'sunset' looks like under daylight conditions.  It's the same picture as above but with the house lights turned on.....

....and I have to give that beach some thought.  Do I want a typical weed filled prairie river beach or do I want something more park like?  Decisions.  Decisions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts