G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this was posted before but I just read on Garden Railways site that "Barry Olsen, the proprietor, is retiring after 20 years". I am happy for Barry (glad some folks still get to retire) but sad to hear this because I am an owner of a connie 2-8-0 that I was hoping to someday put one of Barry's drive systems in. Lately its seems the whole large scale community is falling apart.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
In fairness Barry has been towing the rope of fixing Bmanns shortcomings for a very long time. Guess with Bmann now introducing an all metal gear drive maybe Barry decided now is as good a time as any to finally retire. Goodness knows he deserves it.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Posted By Mike Reilley on 03 Apr 2012 09:20 PM
Dang.... Ditto!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Posted By Gary Armitstead on 03 Apr 2012 10:14 PM
Posted By Mike Reilley on 03 Apr 2012 09:20 PM
Dang.... Ditto!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Bah, I was saying:

I agree, I have a Split geared Connie I was hoping to fix. I guess I'm gonna have to go with a NWSL gear.

·
Super Modulator
20,519 Posts
Wow, not too much notice!

I see the domain name expired 3/27 .... guess that definitely means no business.

Sorry to see a name synonymous with integrity and quality go off the map.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Just to clarify things a bit,

The website is gone, the advertising is gone, the P.O. box is gone, and no more CC processing.

But I have produced a good number of units over the years under warranty, so I must remain accessible and fully capable.

Barry Olsen
6822 W. Villa St.
Phoenix, AZ 85043
623-936-6088
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Barry,

Happy retirement.
You will be missed. You have fixed a lot of locomotives for me over the years.
I will be at Eaglewings open house next weekend. Stop by if you can. It would great to see you.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Barry,

Wish you the best, but am sorry to see you leave the hobby as a vendor.

Best,
TJ

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Barry sent me an e-mail this morning explaining what had happened. I'm sorry to see him go as a vendor, but he said he would still honor warrantees on the drives he has installed over the past twenty years. Like Greg said, his name is synonomous with integrity and quality.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Time passes. Sorry to see you go.

So, teach me how to make a reliable drive

1 - 20 of 43 Posts