G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
To steam or not to steam
177 Posts
I don't know whats inside a Aristocraft smoke box. if you can give me some info on it I will let you know.

·
To steam or not to steam
177 Posts
Just looking at the photo, it looks like it will work. But, I will need the dimensions of the firebox and the diameter of the blast pipe and the size of the cylinders. Also, the location of the blastpipe in smoke box. Once I have these, I can make a better assessment of whether or not a bark box will work. Or, you can send me your locomotive and I will custom make one for it.

·
To steam or not to steam
177 Posts
Bad news for all you Aristo Mike guys. Mack let me use his locomotive to try and install a Bar Box in it. Lots of room in the smoke box. But Like a yard with a big garage and no way to get to it almost useless. The steam displacement call for a bigger box then I could fit through the small hole. It looked like if I cut the smoke box front off it would work. Who wants to do that? Maybe after the warranty exp. Anyway It would sound awesome with a Bark Box in there.

·
To steam or not to steam
177 Posts
Thanks Jerry I will try again. I was not sure how far Mack wanted me to go with this install. So I stopped. I will talk to him and see what he says. I also fired his locomotive up and found some problems with it. So I suggested he call Astro to have it fixed. Hope it works out for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.