G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the guy who gave us  RAISE THE TITANIC,  VIXEN O3  THE PROBE  SAHARA,  comes another great  bank robbery, murder and best of all TRAINS.

CLIVE CUSLER LATEST BOOK    THE CHASE.  Has a ruthless bank robber excaping on  trians.   The story takes place around the  1908 San Francisco Earth Quake.

I bought the book on  CD's and Listen to it on a trip to Tucson this week to fix a printing press.   It's a great Story.    Not going to tell you any more.  Dont want to give away the plot.

It's a good story

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
It's a great book. Bought mine at Costco a month plus ago. Great reading...and there's a LOT about trains in it. It's traincentric.....

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I just finished reading a copy (blew through it in less than a week!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif) from the local public libray; while there's a few minor inaccuracies (from a railfan's point of view
), like most of Cussler's other novels (I've quite a few in my personal library), it's a VERY enjoyable read!
  I'll probably pick up a copy for my own collection sooner or later.  (We frequent used book stores & library book sales a LOT!)./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif
                                                                                                           Tom

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have read everything he ever wrote.  except for  Sahara.

The largest series I have in my collection is   Clive Cussler,   Elemer Kelton ,  JT Edson ,J R Roberts, and Ramsey Thorn 

There was a   "RAILS WEST" series that started  but  phissled out. 

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
JJ, ya gotta read Sahara, it is good, I was just at Sams club and picked up John Grishums latest, did not see Clives latest though, gotta go back, I also have everyone he has written.

tom h

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bought that for my grandson for Xmas. He's 12 and has read everything in my library. Goes through a book a day. I'll have to borrow it from him!:) I've got most of the others and Sahara is great! 

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw  Grishams new book (On CD)  when I bought  THE CHASE.    I have been buying books on CD  fort trips to   TUCSON and THE BIG TRAINS SHOW, and  MARTY'S   Pluse getting stuck in trafic.   It is so much better than TALK RADIO.  ( Let's not go there)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Good book hope some of the movie makers consider the potential for an excellent screen play!!!!

MANFRED DIEL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts