G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finished up my Shark B unit. Best kit I've ever bought. Well designed, bolts together with bolts he includes, along with a metric wrench! Jonathan had etched grills made by the same company that did the A grills. The frame is custom made and the Aristo motor bocks fit right in and he has a small part that matches the holes in the top of the motor block to screw it in place. Just a small example of the thought that went into this. Yellow stripes are vinyl left over from my A build as are the decals that Stan made.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Does the A Shark come prepainted for D&H? I painted all the locos on my CCRR but they're pretty simple. Wouldn't want to try the D&H nose.

I really don't need any more engines at this point, but I've always loved the D&H Shark. I might have to start saving my pennies.

JackM

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
They look fabulous Jerry and a good choice of roads to show off the lines with both the design and colour.
Well done.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I like different looking engines, you can see some others on my web page, under the projects button. Here in Nebraska I started as a UP guy, but have branched out some with my Pioneer Zephyer and the MTH steam engines, Challeger/Big Boy/Daylight/Hudson. Then the cars for them to pull.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Jerry -I forgot that I looked into the Shark situation a year or two ago, when the A first became available. I decided then that it was beyond my skill set.

I guess I'll just have to drool from afar.

JackM

It sure does look nice.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B unit was not bad at all. Jonathan engineered it so well and having a custom frame. Motor blocks bolted right in, body bolted to the frame, as did the fuel tank. Grills went on easy, so not much to it. Just darned paint problems is all I had. He's thinking about an E6 down the line, but would have to be with firm/paid pre-orders. So few B's were sold I wonder if he would get enough E6 orders. Hope so!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts