G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I come home froma week long trip to find MLS totally different..no problem. We've lived thru one major upgrade we can do this again. I start browsing the recent topics and only see about a dozen in no particular order (proabably most recently posted to but I did not check) I was used to visiting a few specific forums for the most recent posts and not all the forums most recent posts. Ok I can adjust to this. I type in all the posts from teh last week (i was gone adn wantt o start to catch up but figure it's only going to let me go back to the upgrade anyway) So I set the box for 2 weeks and boom I only get the same 12 topics? The page does not expand? Hmmm? Oh there is a box where I can pick the next page. (sigh) I HATE that function at Aristo's website. Ok I got the next page and look at a topic there. Cool, I hit the back button on my browser and it takes me back to the first page where I need to page back thru to get to the next unread recent topic. That's gonna get tedious FAST.

Hope you can fix a few of these issues for us Shad. I do appreciate everything you are trying to do.

Chas

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Amen!!
I dislike the new "recent posts" but I truly hate having to start back at page 1 after reading a post.

Harvey C.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
This symptom is similar to what we've always encountered in the 'Search Results' screen. Just as a work-around instead of left-clicking the topic, right-click it and choose the 'Open in new window' option. Then when you're done reading the topic click the close button on that browser window. That way you'll go back to the page you started from and not the very first page.

Another feature that is new (i.e. and is located in your Member Profile, My Settings, in the Forum Preferences section) where you can select just how many items you want displayed on a single page (i.e. Active Topics & Topic pages). The default setting for this is 10 the other options are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 75, & 100 items per page.

As a result of the upgrade all the topics got reset to having not been read for everybody, it's your call but you can use the Mark All Read function, this will maybe make you miss a few topics here or there.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
The system worked fine before and did not need any "fixing." Now it is really messed up.

If I'm looking at the Actiive Topics and say I'm 5 pages in and hit my "Back Button" instead of going to page 4 (that I was just on and want to be on again), it goes to the opening screen.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
The simplest way to fix that is to go to your profile, then my settings. Near the bottom of the page there is an item titled "Enable AJAX". Uncheck that box and save the changes. The forum will act more like before in regards to navigation.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Posted By ShadsTrains on 06 Jul 2009 12:13 PM
The simplest way to fix that is to go to your profile, then my settings. Near the bottom of the page there is an item titled "Enable AJAX". Uncheck that box and save the changes. The forum will act more like before in regards to navigation.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts