G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I plan to go see one in person tomorrow and if what everyones says is true, I may have to order one to go with the other electrics since I am waiting for some new live steam NG announcements from Accucraft....

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I'm pleased to report that I finally received my new K-27 on Friday and it's a beaut.  :D   I decided on the D&RGW # 455 (green boiler) since most of my 1:20 D&RGW rolling stock have the toilet seat logos.  I'm sorry that I can't provide any operational data since my new RR is still a long way from completion.  I've attached a couple of photos.  The cab interior has tremendous detail.

Doc

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Can't wait to get mine. I've ordered one from my LHS and will be sure that it is in one piece before I take it home. A little more than what Caboose and St. Aubins is selling it for, but at least I won't have to worry about damage in shipping.

Has anyone run one much outside yet? We have a foot of snow on the ground here in Taos, and I don't expect I'll get any run time in until March if I'm lucky. I have 3%+ grades on the loop I'll be able to run in on (due to bridge and canyon widths). Guess I'm going to have to do some excavating to accommodate the AMS cars and loco on my other loops as well. Oh well, that's what modeling is all about.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Not sure if I asked this already, or just thought it; Does anyone know if Bachman is planning on releasing the K28?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Mine should arrive here in Australia, tomorrow .From what I have seen so far ,any thing less than 1-20.3 scale vehicles behind this model are going to look  quite ridiculous and well out of proportion, like H0 scale cars behind  an 0 scale loco .      Ron.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
According my wholesaleTrains.com order status,

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gifMINE SHIPPED T:DDAY/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif
It's still to early for the Fedex tracking number to tell me where it is, but it is on it's way.

B:)B

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Hey Doc,

Nice pics of the cab interior!! Better check that water level.  Looks a little low...

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Don:

Nice pictures.  Don't forget to take the foam out of the cab.  It shows up in the picture if you look for it.  They really are nice engines.  I saw the green one at the Star Hobby booth at the Greenburg show.  It is one good looking engine.  I'm sure enjoying mine. 

It's time to get your track down and start running.

Cheers,

Chuck

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Mark,

Yeah, it is a little low but it's not water - it's gin.  Since I have no place to run it, I decided to use it as a decanter and filled that big sucker with gin.  A few martinis later and and, as you can see, it's a fifth low.

Chuck,

I noticed the foam in the photo too.  The 2 pieces took a little effort to remove.  I don't know how they got them in there without breaking something.

I figure by March, if the weather cooperates, I'll have some track down.  It has taken longer then I expected.  I think the delay is the result of too much planning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The K looks great! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive....and am hoping it will be sometime this week!
I only have track laid about a third of the way around my pond...and none of it down "for real" yet...not leveled or anything, no ballast, etc.  Now the weather hasn't allowed any more progress until the rain stops....April at the earliest...with rain all day, every day, every week, for three months ...or more...everything is just totally MUD!!!  ....perfect for a Mudhen, right?  :)  I hope to get a function loop of track...to start...liad down by late Spring.  I've only been collecting large scale train equipment since 1984....so it is about time!

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Doc,

Gin, eh?  Is that why the prototypes were always falling off the track?  Or 'staggering' down the line?!

martinis are fun, but if you need to take a break, and don't want a crummy ol G&T, I found a recipe for something called a Gin Buck last Friday:
1.5 oz gin
1 tsp lemon juice
6 oz ginger ale.

combine the gin, lemon juice over ice.  Top off with ginger ale.

Nice change from the dry tonic taste.  Only mildly inhibiting!! 

Mark

PS - Bob: I think the good doctor is only kidding us about the Gin! Don't put any in your K!!

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Don:

It was fairly easy to remove the foam from the fireman's side, but it was not that easy to get it out of the engineer's side.  I hope that I didn't do any damage.  I almost went into the kitchen and got a wine bottle openner.

Enjoy your engine.  Even if you can't run it for a couple of  months, at least you can look at it and dream.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Jan 9, 2008 2:48 PM Arrived at FedEx location ELLENWOOD, GA
Jan 8, 2008 12:02 PM Departed FedEx location SYRACUSE, NY
12:47 AM Arrived at FedEx location SYRACUSE, NY
Jan 7, 2008 8:30 PM Left origin HORSEHEADS, NY
6:25 PM Arrived at FedEx location HORSEHEADS, NY
5:08 PM Picked up HORSEHEADS, NY

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't seen TOC post in a while. After all the "spirited" Bachmann discussion just wondering if he will review the K27? Plus Stan and the other gentleman kind of dropped off too? ?? Are they still waiting on Bachmann to bless their review/solutions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. Just a quick e mail...for now...to let you know that more of the K27s are starting to show up. Mine arrived today!!! I'm in Oregon City, Oregon (just south of Portland, Oregon).  This is the most beautiful model locomotive I have ever seen!!! All I can say is...WOW!!!! It is absolutely beautiful!
Seeing how it is pouring rain out,....and 39 degrees...like it has been for the past three weeks, it won't be on the tack for a while...the railroad is a total muddy mess this time of year.

Rick

21 - 40 of 75 Posts