G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Bachmann Trains announced they will produce the Aristo Dash -9 in 5 road names.

UP with the Flag, CSX later blue colors, BNSF swoosh, NS Operation Lifesaver, SF red/silver.

Pricing to be announced and availability next year.

For diesels fans this is a big plus for G scale. Please show your support with lots of replies. We want this loco to be successful. If it is then we might see more diesels and cars from Bachmann.

I do not speak for Bachmann . I am a dealer who has been a long term G scaler trying to promote our hobby.

Don Sweet

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Did they mention what scale?
Yes. 1/29th. And they mentioned Aristocraft.

2020 NMRA Product Announcements

Check out the link below to be taken to the Facebook Live event from Thursday, July 16th, where we announced some new products.

Bachmann's presentation begins around the 1:15:00 mark.

Facebook Live

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I started listening on the 16th and then got boredand switched the video off.
Now I can't get it to play....but

I assume the mention of Aristo-Craft indicated that the Kader Group (owner of Bachmann) probably owns, the moulds and the loco will be the same as the original Aristo one, perhaps with some small improvements.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Did they mention what scale?

:eek: I doubt that the 1:29 mold was made of rubber ha ha!

Of course this is the Aristo mold... Kader has them all, not only learned as Aristo went away, but as evidenced by the eggliner and motor blocks being sold by Bachmann, owned by Kader... also interesting that they will be making an O scale eggliner under the Williams brand...

Thanks for the time hack Pete.... he does say that it is the Aristo tooling, and interestingly enough, mentions twice the price of these on ebay... so the high prices on ebay have brought around the resurrection of the Aristo product....

I wonder what else is expensive on ebay in the Aristo line, perhaps the SD45, arguably the best and most popular loco Aristo ever built.

Will be very interested to see if the Dash 9 will come with the "D type" sintered wheels and axles, or the "you cannot set gauge" tapered wheels and axles... time will tell...

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
One thing for sure is the replacement motor blocks when available will be priced as much or more (retail) than my $210.00 SD-45 complete engine cost me back in early 2000's. Costs have really gone up from all manufacturers and by more than double for many items.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Yep, won't be cheap, but a great thing to have replacement trucks for the Aristo locos.

They are very sturdy, but you can indeed destroy the motor blocks by not doing a few simple maintenance issues.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Bachmann published some more details:

This locomotive enters Bachmann’s Big Haulers® lineup featuring an advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play electronic printed circuit board to accommodate the control system of your choice, including conventional DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation.

Additional features include:
• advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play electronic printed circuit board to accommodate the control system of your choice, including conventional DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation.
• 1:29 scale
• two three-axle ball-bearing power trucks
• two motors per truck with low amperage draw
• operating diesel smoke unit
• white LED directional headlights, front and rear; ditch lights
• lighted front numberboards
• interior cab lighting and interior cab details
• lighted porch and step lights
• solid-metal railings and lift rings
• opening side windows
• engineer figure
• windshield wiper, see-through steps, and MU hose detailing
• operating AAR knuckle couplers
• extra weight for better performance
• factory-installed speaker with wire pigtail to allow easy installation of optional aftermarket sound
• length: 32"
Anything stand out that wasn't part of the Aristo model?

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Nothing, except it will be interesting to see what weight(s) will be included.

Aristo changed the number, type, and composition of the weights over the years, at one time you got 3 nice two pound lead weights, and over the years you got fewer, but optional free ones, then you had to pay more for the optional ones, then WAY more, then they were converted to zinc and about half the weight, and there was a move to move to steel weights.

That's the only difference I can infer from that information.

I sure hope they test the socket as opposed to not testing and the wiring errors from Aristo.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
For Greg. Off this topic a little but you put a thought forward about what else they might produce. The Evans Railbox cars are going from around $250.00 to over $300.00 on Ebay.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Yep, the Evans were popular, and I don't think they were produced in great numbers. I agree.

Also I like the RS-3, very distinctive, and since I run sound, love to have the Alco "rattle itself to bits" sound.

Greg

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
That's a good question Pete, I will "wager" aristo, but what did they put on the eggliner that they are selling? That may be a clue.

If the eggliner has Aristo style couplers, then they have already used the Aristo molds to make Aristo couplers recently.

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
That's a good question Pete, I will "wager" aristo, but what did they put on the eggliner that they are selling? That may be a clue.

If the eggliner has Aristo style couplers, then they have already used the Aristo molds to make Aristo couplers recently.

Greg
Well, that was easy. Sure look like Aristo couplers to me.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Since Bachmann couplers are often at a different height, and selling the Dash 9 means people will be coupling 1:29 cars, would think the aristo coupler and aristo coupler height would be the logical path.

Let's see...

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
New Dash-9s

Yesterday Bachmann Trains announced they will produce the Aristo Dash -9 in 5 road names.

UP with the Flag, CSX later blue colors, BNSF swoosh, NS Operation Lifesaver, SF red/silver.

Pricing to be announced and availability next year.

For diesels fans this is a big plus for G scale. Please show your support with lots of replies. We want this loco to be successful. If it is then we might see more diesels and cars from Bachmann.

I do not speak for Bachmann . I am a dealer who has been a long term G scaler trying to promote our hobby.

Don Sweet
YES! AND they are producing the road name I wish I had bought way back when. I WILL be purchasing two or three of them when they are available.
My regards.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
We got the Bachmann flyer mentioning the Dash-9s in 1:29 scale at the hobby shop today. Currently no mention of price or estimated delivery date.

Also got the 2020 Bachmann all scales catalog. Today was 09/24/2020. It's a bit late, don't you think??

Regards, David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
We got the Bachmann flyer mentioning the Dash-9s in 1:29 scale at the hobby shop today. Currently no mention of price or estimated delivery date.

Also got the 2020 Bachmann all scales catalog. Today was 09/24/2020. It's a bit late, don't you think??

Regards, David Meashey

Are these hard copies of the 2020 Bachmann catalog that was published on line back in February and the New Items flyer from July 2020 - or something new?

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Well Knute;

They seemed new to me, as I usually pick up my Bachmann catalog at ECLSTS. (And we all know what happened to THAT!) Yes, they were printed copies. I was unaware of the online versions, sorry.

David Meashey

1 - 20 of 22 Posts