G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I was looking at the aubin trains flyer and saw that they had bachmann spectrum porters on sale. i have bachmann spectrum steam locos in ho and wondered if these are good quality as being a spectrum model. bachmann had gear and motor mount problems in their other g scale locos a while back but seemed to take care of that problem .just want to get some info behore buying one of these. thanks for the help

·
Registered
188 Posts
If it is the new 0-4-0 that just came out, then yes it is a great locomotive. I currently do not have one, but I plan on getting one eventually. I have seen them run and they are smooth runners. The new one is somewhat larger (due to it being in a different scale) than the old one, and actually has enough room to fit battery RCS and sound. The old one had some trouble fitting sound in if it already had battery RCS inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snog pass thanks for the info,I suspected it becuse bachmann redesigned the drive in the 4-6-0. It must be a thing with bachmann yet a good thing they do .All of my spectrum ho locos were redesigned. Well I'LL wait for xmas to buy one.once again thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts