G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a bachmnn On30 shay and i was wondering if any could recomend a good DCC system to put into it. also if anyone knows a good DCC system to put in my Mountain Model Import k-28 that would be greatly appreciated as well. thanx!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use battery/RC for my stuff, but my HO used digitrax and i never had a problem.

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
SoundTraxx Tsunami is what I use in my On30 locomotives. It's a combination decoder and sound unit. They just brought out the Micro-Tsunami (TSU-700) which is even smaller... small enough to fit in the On30 4-4-0 in fact. Soundtraxx also makes sound cams, so if you're a purist (like me), you can mechanically syncronize the chuff to the driver revolutions. :)

For DCC, I use the Prodigy Wireless, a full-featured DCC system with a hand-held wireless cab.

A good source for all things DCC is Tony's Train Exchange.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I don’t think a bad DCC system exists really???

I prefer the Lenz system myself for a few reasons, and I also feel there motor control on their gold and silver decoders is fantastic.

Choosing a DCC system is a very personal decision. So take some time to read about each and pop down to your local shop to have a look at them.

One reason I did not go Digitrax was their top of the range hand controller (the equivalent of the Lenz LH100) appeared to be very complex and large. Many would argue against this, but this was my personal choice.

For sound, investigate the Loksound range as well.

And yes as Dwight suggested have a look on Tony’s train exchange, full of good info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts