G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bill,
Not sure if this post is still relevant and open for comments. I was just given a huge box which contains the Bachmann Big Hauler, Green Lightning train set by a friend who is a train enthusiast and he is clearing out his collection. I bought a bunch of D size batteries and a 9 Volt battery for the radio control and set up the track. Exciting to see that it all works, including the steam loco sound effects! What is missing is the Manual as well as the telephone posts & signs that are listed on the box. I saw one listed on e-bay for $150 and I have listed mine on Facebook Marketplace for CA$55 ! with quite a bit of interest so far. I wish I could get hold. of the manual! Any suggestions? Thanks for your original post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bill,
Thank for your message and the Set number on the box is: 90101.
I was quite excited when my friend, the original owner of the set, actually did find the Manual and gave it to me!
He was given the set brand-new in the early 1990's. The telephone poles are still missing as he said that they were not very stable and he had to modify them and used Tham in his existing trainload out.
I am located in western Canada, the Province of British Columbia, and we are about 500km east of Vancouver, in a small city of about 16000 people.
I have had about 4 enquiries from folks who want to buy the set for their kids to play with....the box says: "8 years and up", which seems about the right age group. I did not realize that this set might actually be of interest to a collector and my asking price of CAD$55 may be a bit on the low side.....Anyway, not much I can do about that now!
Hope this info is of help to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.