G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Modulator
22,262 Posts
been that way for weeks, you are the first person to report it on this forum....

I'm surprised that no one else has commented, I guess that is a statement of how infrequently people use it.

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
True that the Bachmann Forum's usage has dwindled, as Bachmann itself has backed out of large scale with a vengeance, but there is still a whole lot of valuable material archived there, which would be a real shame to lose! The forum has been down for several weeks that I'm aware of, but the message that I've been getting of late is:
" This board is in Maintenance Mode. Don't worry, we will be back soon. "
Hope that is actually the case, as there is reference material that I find useful and do actually post on there occasionally as well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I reported weeks ago on another forum when I was trying to get a specific resistor on their LEDs answered I even called service and was told by a lady they didn’t know the answer so best to ask The Bachmann on the forum. I told her it has already been down for awhile. Her answer (probably given to her by mgmt) is that IT is working on it. Yep, I bet they are right on it.

·
Super Modulator
22,262 Posts
yep, but not everything gets sucked into their archives.... well, the IT department is really slow... I'm guessing they are going to an upgraded/different forum software and they are having issues converting the database to the new system. This has been painful for many online forums.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm sure that Bachmann's IT department is made up of only one person( named George) who only works every other Tuesday for 4 hours with an hour lunch. Ha ha.
I noticed this issue over a month ago, but was too lazy to remark about it anywhere as I figured that most Bachmann enthusiasts either already knew, or would find out on their own.
I hope they don't lose any of the info contained on the Ask The Bachmann forum.
IThere's a lot of great info there, especially from Loco Bill ,who has worked hard to compile much of that information, and share it with the rest of us.

·
Registered
LGB Indoor Elevated Track
11 Posts
Reached out to Bachmann Customer Service via email asking about the forum. This was their response:
We apologize for the delay in getting this back up and they are working on it so hopefully we will be back up soon.
Well at least we know they are aware of the problem, and that their intent is to bring it back up. How long it takes is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Unfortunately, they were aware of it well over a month ago, almost 2. What you got was a typical corporate politically correct response large companies do these days. To translate that into real words…..we know, don’t pester us as we will get to whenever, if ever, we get to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts