G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I've got a new connie here and I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Its black. No weathering, no detail parts, no nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? Any and all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Matt

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Matt -
If you click on my name below and go to the "Engines" drop-down menu, then select "Super Connie C-20" - you can see what I did with my connie. May give you some ideas. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is beautiful! You did a great job! Other than the coal bunker did you have to buy any extra or new parts? Or was it mainly the paint and weathering job that made the difference? Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Matt -

The pilot (cowcatcher,) smokestack, and air tank are "spare" parts from Accucraft, the tender trucks I picked up on eBay, the headlamp and other boiler details like clean-out ports, steps, etc. are from Ozark Miniatures, Trackside Details and my junk drawer. The coal bunker on the tender I built up with strip and sheet styrene. Hope that helps.

P.S. Did I mention that this is a 1:20.3 scale model (large scale) - not 1:48 (On30)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts