G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Climax arrived the other day and all can do is look at it with amazement! I bought it used but in excellent condition. I only ran a couple of feet, back and forth, 'cause I don't have my rail mounted yet. It didn't come with the video, or scale 'tools', but did have the booklet. Question: does the video have any really important stuff I need to know? And, what 'tools', etc. came with it? Runs smooth as silk! No sound yet though. Bill

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By Cap'nBill on 01/25/2009 12:06 PM Well, my Climax arrived the other day and all can do is look at it with amazement! I bought it used but in excellent condition. I only ran a couple of feet, back and forth, 'cause I don't have my rail mounted yet. It didn't come with the video, or scale 'tools', but did have the booklet. Question: does the video have any really important stuff I need to know? And, what 'tools', etc. came with it? Runs smooth as silk! No sound yet though. Bill

Dear Cap'nBill - get yourself down to the nearest hobby store and get ahold of a set of Woodland Scenics Hob-e-Lube lubricants that are made explicity for model trains of all scales. Your Climax will need some care and atetnion BEFORE you run it, in order to preserve all those wiggly bits forthe future - you cannot be sure that the lube programme has been carried out by the previous owner. Of especial attention are the gearboxes, front and rear, as the model has been out of production for a number of years, and in spite of you saying how smoothly it runs, that lube may be on its last legs.

Sadly I can't help you with a DVD [not a video], but I'm pretty certain that someone on the forum will be ablr to help you out there.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed as to the lube and maintenance! I ran it just long enough to see that it works. The manual looks pretty good as far as when, where, and how often to lube. Will get some smake and lube next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts