G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a Bachmann Annie that I've run alot outside, it quickly became my favorite engine. To put a long story short, after a wreck today the drivers have come out of line. I removed the rods using Bachmann's online drawings and I have aligned the first two axels, but the third where the motor is attached won't seem to move. It is locked up, and I don't know enough to know how to take the wheel out of the engine frame. Is there anything I can do to align this third axel with the others to be able to attach the rods and run it again? Thanks in advance for any answers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again, I connected the motor to power and the last axle turned fine, and when I opened the body the gears seemed to be normal. I think the problem is that the axle is out of alignment on each side. Instead of being at a 90 degree angle with the counterweights and the rod connectors opposite of each other like they should be for the rods to connect, the wheels are at about a 45 degree angle to each other, with the counterweights not matching up to the other two axles on each side. It would seem that turning one or other of the wheels on the last axle in the right way would align them and allow me to connect the rods back, but I can't do that with the axle that is connected to the motor. I couldn't find anything relevant to alignment on George Schreyer's website, although I might just be in too deep to understand it. Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again everyone, I tried out what Scott had to say and everything fell right into place! The wheels matched up, the rods are back on and the engine looks ( I say looks because I am still waiting for a broken part's glue to dry before I power the wheels) much better! Thank you Scott and Pete for your advice!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top