G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone and thank you for the add to the forum. I'm totally new to model railroads and especially G scale material. I just bought a gently used Bachmann G scale Golden Spike train set which is esthetically very attractive but the 4-6-0 locomotive is missing a couple of parts...the top section of the silver balloon smokestack and one of the pilot wheels. I searched the Bachmann website for these parts but they're sold out. Does anyone here in the forum have these parts I could purchase or know where I could find them. Many thanks for the help, Glenn
Drinkware Cup Serveware Wood Circle

Dishware Drinkware Serveware Tableware Cup

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bachmann has virtually been sold out of those parts forever. And they probably will never get those particular wheel sets in stock again since they're no longer making the model that you have.
Your best shot is to check Ebay for those parts.
I hoard parts for my Big Haulers when I can get them.
I buy parts donors on Ebay every chance I get. Whether I currently need them,or not.
Sometimes, I restore these "donors" to operating condition. Others get parted out ,and what I don't want gets resold on Ebay.
Here's a video of the most recent restoration project that I did a few months ago.
I'm afraid that you're going to find that a lot of other Big Haulers owners are doing the same thing to keep their trains running.
It's either that, or break down and buy the new version Big Hauler for about $600.00.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No problem.
I've owned the Bachmann B.H. for nearly 20 years now( I now own several of them), and getting parts for them has gone from easy to hard to find or expensive when you find them.
As far as I know, Bachmann used this style of wheel on the one you have , and the Emmett Kelly Circus Train.
There's a loco for sale on Ebay right now.
I truly hope you find the parts you need for yours !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts