G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired what i think is a Backman Annie at an estate sale
and the tinder has me perplexed. It has no speak holes or any speaker for that matter, yet the tinder wheels have brushes? and wires that then connect back to the Locomotive. The connector on the tinder doesnt match the locomotive so i suspect someone altered. So why does is the tinder wired like this? Train Vehicle Rolling stock Motor vehicle Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
It appears to be extra electrical pickups for the motor in the locomotive. That would come in handy for places in the track with electrical pick-up problems such as insulated switch frogs, dirty rail heads, or an insulated rail joiner that was put in the wrong place.

Regards, David Meashey

·
Super Modulator
21,362 Posts
Yes, definitely not the stock connector, I also thought the water fill hatch on the BH was oval, not circular...

Can we have a picture of the loco?

Greg

·
Registered
225 Posts
That tender is not Bachmann. It looks like the tender for a Delton/Aristocraft C-16 2-8-0.
While the locomotive may be a Bachmann 4-6-0, the tender isn't the one that is correct for it.
Here are a few photos of the tender that I believe you have purchased,plus a couple of the loco that goes with it :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
and the tinder has me perplexed.
(It's called a "tender", as in a helper.) I was about to say that those aren't Bachmann wheels or Bachmann trucks. The rear coupler is an LGB, I think?

I concur that it is an Aristo C-16 tender. I use one on my Spectrum 1:20 Bachmann 2-6-0, as it is bigger than the stock tender. I find the original tender supplied by Bachmann with the 4-6-0, while prototypical (except for those oversize rivets) to be too wide, and the Aristo C-16 version is quite nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts