G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I am new to mylargescale.com. I have a Bachman G Scale steamer with a broken front truck where the pickups are. This train was given to me. I went and spent my allowance money for good tracks and I puchased some used cars, but I don't have the money to buy a new engine (teenagers salary). It actually works, it will travel down the track, but the front truck is broken and I really want to get it fixed. Does anyone know if Bachman sells replacement trucks? I asked at my local train store and they said I would have to get it straight from Bachman. If Bachman does sell the replacement trucks, does anyone know the number? Google doesn't bring up anything.

Thanks!

ModelTrainsFreak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for responding!

Number of trucks only 1 in front, the rest of the wheels are driving wheels attached to the locomotive sides.

It is a 4-6-0

The 4 is the front trucks-has 4 wheels.

The 6 is the three wheels with the centers as a false driving wheel on both sides.

The color is maroon-ish burgandy-ish red with silver boiler and gold trim on the steam dome and whistle dome.

Number 49 is printing on the cab. Underneath the engine is only:

Bachman
China

The tender has the roadname Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe.

The black plastic center rod that goes up from the front truck is broken off. The spring is still there.

My general location is the San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I have a few pictures, but don't know how to post them on here!

Thanks,

ModelTrainsFreak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to call Bachman and see what they say. Thank you so much everyone for your help! Another member agreed to post pictures of the broken truck....so maybe if anyone has suggestions, so I don't have to mail it off...that would be great!

ModelTrainsFreak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.