G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Very cool site. I didn't have time to really take a deep look, but I'll have to spend some time over there this weekend. I have a few structures that would fit in over there nicely..

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I remember when I first saw the original site a few years ago.  It was great and I couldn't wait until it added new sections.  Then I waited, and I waited, and I waited........

I hope it does take off.  The original really was a fun place.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi,

I am not too Happy with their "Forth Reich" in the title story .  I do not not which one was the first or second Reich. Heard horrible things about the Third Reich,  Home of the Nazies. Do not really trust in any Reichs, whatever the number might be. That´s not my tradition.

AW Nuts was a great and funny railroad magazine, which started in the early Nineties. I occasionally contributed a story or two from Kraehwinkle to its pages myself- . Still miss the Balducci Brothers. Got aquainted to some fine and strange people over there.   Who´s work I still admire. Peter Barnfield, Peter Jones, Chris Walas,  B. Bates, Graham Stowell etc. 

So I´ll keep an eye on it and see, how it develops. I bit of light vein and some humor surely would  do the largescale hobby good. 

Have Fun

Fritz / Juergen Zirner

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I skipped the intro bull and headed to the forums..... That Forth Reich crap is going to stop me from posting anything in there. Thanks for the heads up Fritz and Charles.

Craig

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posted By sheepdog on 02/22/2008 3:33 PM
I skipped the intro bull and headed to the forums..... That Forth Reich crap is going to stop me from posting anything in there. Thanks for the heads up Fritz and Charles.

Craig

It struck me as an obvious joke. If that sort of thing offended you, then you probably wouldn't be happy with anything whimiscal.

Mark
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Some things can be joked about in a veiled way and others need OBVIOUS cues to the joke. This one has no OBVIOUS cues and thus is not a joke to those that know the effect of what they are referring to.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By sheepdog on 02/23/2008 8:16 AM
Whimiscal? Nope, it is not for me........

Pretty wild, Craig ! Just . . . wild! Nope. Not for you. Yes, indeed. 

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Here is a link for you Ron..... Please keep in mind that I don't care for whimsical.... Nor do the others mentioned in the article.

Prop Car

Craig /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gifAs someone without a whimsical bone in his body, I have no interest whatsoever in this AWNUTS Again site...no matter how long I've been a member there. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif
And while I don't particularly think the "Fourth Reich" joke is entirely appropriate either, let's be fair.  The website is titled "the Whimsical world of AWNUTS again"  with the image of a large cartoon rodent and the line is repeated just below it.  The Fourth Reich line is immediately followed by an apology as well. I think it's a stretch  to say that that there are no obvious cues that it's a joke.
Personally, I'm with Fritz / Juergen (Juergen, my old friend,  I never asked you why you go by Fritz?) when he says that some humor would surely do the largescale hobby some good. So let's see some silly train stuff!
Chris
PS. Juergen, does that dragon powered, gnome driven car really run???

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By sheepdog on 02/23/2008 1:29 PM
Here is a link for you Ron..... Please keep in mind that I don't care for whimsical.... Nor do the others mentioned in the article.

Prop Car

Craig /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif
You've made a believer out of me, Craig! No whimsical Craig-world. No. None.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts