G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across a website that posted some awesome images of the latest inferno in LA. I only post them to show the tremendous power of the flame and not with any thought or intention of "sensationalism". By viewing, I was able to feel a tiny bit of the tragedy and pain of those affected. Only those affected can feel the real pain. May they be able to rebiuld and live on. In my career as a photographer, I've photographed many events such as this but nothing to this magnitude or with such impact. California Fires

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Stan,

Thank you for that link: the photos are amazing, and give a some idea of what the massive damge and desruction is in the area.

Our thoughts are with those affected. I belive this years 'crop'of fires is one of the worst in recent times.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Thanks but I saw enough with the constant 24-hour news coverage on every channel here, got to the point I was putting in any DVD just so I could watch anything other than the fire coverage, it gets real depressing after a while.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
~5 miles due north of us. We were lucky that winds were blowing to the southwest.

I'm still worried about Gary Wollard and Carla. They've not checked in nor answered my e-mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts