G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
First off, use your photo editor to make one about 64 px wide. Mine is 64 by 58. Upload it to your web server.

Next, look at the window to the upper right. See where it says Forums  My Profile  Search  Members? Click "My Profile."

Now it describes you. Along the left, in blue, it says "Edit Profile." Click this.

Fill in whatever you want to show.

Scroll down and you'll see a place to put the url for your avatar. Fill that in.

Click "Update Profile."

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Mine is 109x59 pixels... I think there is a limit, but I don't know what it is.
You don't have to host the file on a server, you can upload it to the MLS site (not your 1st class space) using the second line of the space for Avitar (Upload Avitar)... use the Browse button to find your file on your PC... then use the "Update Profile" link right below that space and the system will upload your Avitar to MLS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 10/17/2008 11:33 AM
Mine is 109x59 pixels... I think there is a limit, but I don't know what it is.
You don't have to host the file on a server, you can upload it to the MLS site (not your 1st class space) using the second line of the space for Avitar (Upload Avitar)... use the Browse button to find your file on your PC... then use the "Update Profile" link right below that space and the system will upload your Avitar to MLS.

I got a message when uploading that the avatar limit is 80X80 pixels.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Somehow, they never tell you what the size is till after you've made one and tried to upload it

A while ago, when the suggestion was to use a photo so people would recognize you at get-togethers, out of ornryness, I used one I made years ago for a photography forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Torby
That's why I got the message, I uploaded an avatar that was too big. And my avatar is a self portrait, so why wouldn't people recognize me in person?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts