G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something? I read how to update my profile, but cannot change my avatar, deleted old one, but now cannot download new one from this site. Did something change with the upgrades.

tom h

·
Registered
401 Posts
So far my new avatar isn't working yet either Tom. Maybe it has a review period before the new avatar is published on the site. *shrugs*
-Will

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ah-HA! Figured it out by reading Rayman's post, you have to toss your cookies, so to speak lol. In other words, clear out your browser's cookies and you should see new pic. I assume MLS is not programmed to replace your avatar cookie. Everyone else will see your new avatar except you until you clear out your browser's cookies. Hope that helps.
-Will

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Not so much the cookies, but the temp files. Often just hitting the Refresh button (looks like "recycle" but has 2 arrows not 3) will do the job.

·
Junior Senior Member
571 Posts
First I would try Tom's idea with refresh. If that does not work, hold down the shift key and try the refresh while the shift key is down. This at least used to cause the browser to totally replace any files for that page. If that does not work, then worry about cookies and other more intensive things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts