G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my Big Hauler into B6 up and running. I added lights and remote control and wired it to an aristo slopeback tender.

Is there a good way to do the handrails? I have plenty of wire for rails but the attachment is a problem. The model is in 1/29, and the Annie/Big Hauler posts are just too big and stand off too far

i thought of buying some fishhooks and then cutting the eyelets off, then soldering the rail to the eyelets

Anyone have any tips?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Trackside Details makes a neat little hand rail post set that might work. The number is TD-21. It has 12 posts which graduate in size from about a 1/4 inch down to 1/8 inch. All brass. $7.50 for the set. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I used eyelets I found in the jewlery section of the craft store--they soldered easily to the brass rod I used for the hatch latches for my covered hopper.

I think you can see them just to the outside of each hatch. I used a little flux and a small tip soldering iron and just soldered the rod to the eyelets. The jewlery eyelets have the advantage over fishing hooks in that you can solder to them. Fishing hooks are steel and tough to impossible to solder.

Hope this helps.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.