G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some information on ASTER?

Maybe a website or some comparisons with accucraft?

Any info would be good

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
By far the most comprehensive site on Aster products is Jim Pitts' website. You might want to check it out at http://www.southernsteamtrains.com. Jim's site includes information on every Aster engine ever made as well as many pictures of engines in operation. He specializes, so his site is exclusively on Aster products.

Jim is one of the very few dealers who keeps engines in stock for immediate shipment, so if you are interested in making an Aster purchase, give him a call.

Ross Schlabach

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ross, there are other Dealers that can look after Aster sales.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Ross, there are other Dealers that can look after Aster sales.

This is true. However, Jim Pitts site is by far the most extensive when it comes to learning about Aster and their Locomotives. He has page after page dedicated to building, technical aspects, lists and info on all Asters ever built, many, many photo's of Asters at Steam ups, links, etc. I do not think that Ross was showing favoritism. Jim must spend tons of time (and expense) providing this web site, that to many is considered one of their favorites. I for one, thank him. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif There can be no doubt that Jim Pitts Southern Steam Trains web site is THE site for information on ASTER and Jim's Site may well be THE site for information on small scale live steam in general.:D

If you want comparison information then My Large Scale is the place to start but BEWARE! The authors of the information sometimes have strong feelings about the engines they own (good and bad)and these feelings get into the postings./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

The very best way to get comparison is to look for yourself at a Steamup. I suggest Diamondhead http://www.diamondhead.org/ here just about everything is represented and there are two hundred people to talk to.:confused::D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

DAYoung
Santa Fe, Texas

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zonk, in addition to Diamondhead, you may want to consider attending the National Summer Steamup in Sacramento during Mid July (only 6-7 weeks away). An excellent event and there are always a couple of Aster dealers there and many representations of the various Manufactures locomotives for comparison.:)

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
If you want comparison information then My Large Scale is the place to start but BEWARE! The authors of the information sometimes have strong feelings about the engines they own (good and bad)and these feelings get into the postings.

Now David, no one around here would ever show favoritism or over exuberant loyalty for their favorite brand of Loco around here. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif:)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
One could add to the Aster resource/informational list:
SitG
Vance's web site
Marc Horowitz's reviews
G1MRA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts