G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the S2 to our mall layout yesterday to take a few pictures on the layout. Thought i would share them with you.

Have been working on the video of the delivery of the S2 at Diamonhead. Hopefully will have it on MLS in next day or so.
It is in four parts of ten minutes each. If you do not find it of interest ,it won't hurt my feelings but Jeff was very informative about the S2 and I believe it has heklped me with the engine.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Were you steaming on that indoor layout or just enjoying the opportunity to pose some handsome shots of your new loco? Several of our garden railway club members have built a modular layout and I wouldn't dare suggest steaming on it for fear of messing up their beautiful scenery.

Llyn

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just taking pictures. We are in a Mall and do not attempt to run live steam. I found out also that the turns we have in the Mall layout would not accomadate the S2 if I tried to run it. Just photos inside where it was not 100 degrees.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Art,
Can you take a picture(s) of the RC install? I'm interested in seeing how Jeff did it.:)

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pat I will get pics of the install when i unpack it again. The video that I am making goes into some detail as to how Jeff did it but maybe he will add to this thread or start a thread that goes into detail. It looks complicated to me because he had to make allowances for the torque and clearance. he installed R/C for throttle and for Johnson bar reverser.
We have a potential storm coming this way and probaly won't get to steam on Tuesdau but will get pics as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
OK Art,

I can wait. Batten down the hatches for Eduardo. It's still wandering around just south of New Orleans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts