G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Aster Japan's Homepage, I think they show 2 new small engines coming up in 2010 for around $2,000 usd. Does somebody now about this?

Best regards to all,

Patricio Rivero

·
Registered
232 Posts
These aren't new engines, they're models previously produced by Aster: the "Glaskasten" and the Kiso Forest Railway 0-4-2T. Methinks they're testing the waters to see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile to re-issue them. I'll bet the tooling is still sitting in a box somewhere, so there's relatively little up-front expense if they want to build a batch of a hundred or two. Smart move, IMHO, in this lousy economy.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
I like the reissue of the B1, as I have one I understant the lack of power on the4 tiny cylinders and also that you constantly add water. Axle pump would be nice but there is no water space due to the fuel tank. Also adding stevenson valve gear would be nice. id like to see and upgrade kit for the orignal one too.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
  If I had to pick a re-release, I'd ask for the Glaskasten. I'm not sure I could afford it, being an unemployed student.  I find her an incredible loco, very unigue.  A few heavily weighted cars would make her impressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts