G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can source replacements for these...

I have two engines that need upgrades/replacements for the gas filler and regulator. As most know, the older Aster gas regulator valves were largely on/off...the improved tapered valves allowed for a slower entry of gas and also more controlled runs.

The filler replacement was a bushing that allowed for a standard Ronson to fit.

I used to get them from Norm Saley (no luck these days). I tried Jim Sanders but also no response.

Can anyone direct or help me with this?

Thanks!
Sam

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The gas filler valve replacements I sourced from Ryan. He is awesome as usual.

Since it appears no one has, at least currently, the details of the gas regulator modifications, I may have see if I can dig up one that was modified and record the measurements. Hopefully, I can perform the changes or farm it out to some more skilled person to do those mods. I was hoping that might be Jim but I haven't heard much from him lately...must be super busy these days.

Thanks,
Sam

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Does anyone know where I can source replacements for these...

I have two engines that need upgrades/replacements for the gas filler and regulator. As most know, the older Aster gas regulator valves were largely on/off...the improved tapered valves allowed for a slower entry of gas and also more controlled runs.

The filler replacement was a bushing that allowed for a standard Ronson to fit.

I used to get them from Norm Saley (no luck these days). I tried Jim Sanders but also no response.

Can anyone direct or help me with this?

Thanks!
Sam
Sam, The thread is M6. No direct replacement is available without slight modification. As to the filler valve its M5 the standard M5 valve from Accucraft threads right in. They are 8.00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts