G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a lover of english outline locomotives, then it would hard to find a more extensive US collection of engines. These often run and all hand assembled beauties were all built by the skilled hands of Wayne Sorenson.

Plant Cap Baseball cap Cooking Cuisine

Yesterday, we ran only a small sample of his many beautiful engines on Wayne’s outdoor layout. Mid-80s heat and he’s ready to hook up his black 1:32 BR Standard Class 4-6-0 5MT. Another shot of this engine pulling some Leech Southern coaches with two in the back with BR colors.

View attachment 64348
Train Plant Wheel Rolling stock Track

This young 87 yr old kept them coming…
Train Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

A Winston churchill Spam can…

Plant Window Wheel Train Tree

A flying Scotsman…

Plant Window Tree Track Train

A merchant navy Clan line…all got their run this afternoon.

my black daylight tried to spoil the tea party but threw a pin in the valve gear grinding her to a rather abrupt stop…perhaps a duchess or my 9f might have been a better choice today!

nevertheless, a nice day for running some nicely behaved english locos (all but one, the scotsman, had working axle pumps!)

cheers!

sam

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you are a lover of english outline locomotives, then it would hard to find a more extensive US collection of engines. These often run and all hand assembled beauties were all built by the skilled hands of Wayne Sorenson.

View attachment 64345
Yesterday, we ran only a small sample of his many beautiful engines on Wayne’s outdoor layout. Mid-80s heat and he’s ready to hook up his black 1:32 BR Standard Class 4-6-0 5MT. Another shot of this engine pulling some Leech Southern coaches with two in the back with BR colors.

View attachment 64348
View attachment 64347

This young 87 yr old kept them coming… View attachment 64351

View attachment 64355
A flying Scotsman…

View attachment 64357

my black daylight tried to spoil the tea party but threw a pin in the valve gear grinding her to a rather abrupt stop…perhaps a duchess or my 9f might have been a better choice today!

nevertheless, a nice day for running some nicely behaved english locos (all but one, the scotsman, had working axle pumps!)

cheers!

sam

View attachment 64345

View attachment 64348
View attachment 64347

This young 87 yr old kept them coming… View attachment 64351

View attachment 64355
A flying Scotsman…

View attachment 64357

cheers!

sam
Hello Wayne, Nice track and engines. Bea & I have not seen you at Diamondhead for several years. We hope to go in 2023. Appears that Marshall Barrish and Bob Moser stopped going. We miss dining with the group. Gerald Pierce

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Sam, I hope you can make it. We missed you the last couple of years. We haven't seen Wayne in several years, but we are all getting up in age and can't always make the trip. Same for Bob Moser.

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts