G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Andrew of Aster Hobbies UK called in yesterday with the two prototype 4-cylinder Aster Castles, so I was fortunate to be able to get some' hands on' experience with them on my line. I put together this short video featuring both versions - the GWR livery and the later BR (British Railways) paint scheme. Considering they were both prototypes with further modifications to be made before the production versions, they both ran superbly.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHBamPnHZ7w

Regards to all,
Geoff Calver, UK

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
That's a really handsome model. Thanks for sharing, Geoff.
Llyn

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Geoff
Another Aster classic (good choice Andrew) very attractive, capable and with a great "bark box!"
Other course having the beautiful rake of coaches behind the engine is icing on the cake.

What a match, goes well with the outstanding layout.

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
Geoff

Great video. I echo Charles' sentiments. Waiting with anticipation for them to arrive stateside. Thanks for posting. And not a single black walnut obstructing the permanent way. The I E & W Ry has been under constant bombardment for nearly two weeks and there are thousands (literally) on the ground and the layout is littered with walnut debris from the squirells using the track for a dining area. Fortunately, our steam up was LAST month.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks Geof for posting the video of two beautiful locomotives. Enjoyed watching it. Hope someone brings one of those to Diamondhead.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
John,

It would be good to bring one of these locomotives to Diamondhead however the difficulties in transporting live steamers by air have become real problem for all DH fans. Anyway I’m sure Hans and/or Ross or Jim Pitts will do their best to bring one along.
Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts