G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Looks like the right size. I got a bunch of Army guys I got from Rocky with some tanks. I will have to see how they match up to my carsl. I was hoping to build a military proving grounds on my layout. Mabye even a traget range.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Posted By Jerry Barnes on 01/09/2009 10:40 AM
Atomic test site maybe?

Pre or Post detonation???

Just remember to put a guy in a fedora with a bullwhip stepping out of an old refrigerator somewhere in the scene.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Dave F on 01/09/2009 10:52 AM
Atomic test site maybe?

Pre or Post detonation???

Just remember to put a guy in a fedora with a bullwhip stepping out of an old refrigerator somewhere in the scene.

Pre AND Post... animate it!
A "Test" every time the train leaves the area.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Atomic test site maybe?

No that's what it looks like now. I am trying to clean up the image some what.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I found some 'Indiana Jones' figures at Wally World in the sale rack-2 for $5 I think, a little large, but at a distance...... They have movable arms, heads, hands, and very good detail. I'm curious though, for you experienced guys, why aren't there any really detailed figures in G scale? I've looked at figures on eBay, they want $5 shipping and $5 for a figure that, INHO, looks cartoonish, at best. Actually, as a long time RC airplane guy, the same has been true for supposedly 'scale' pilots. They want a small fortune for junk! I basically build aircraft in 1/6th to 1/8th scale and buy the action figures, like Dragon, off eBay for less than $10...incredible detai, movable limbs, etc.l! Am I missing something here? Maybe there's some source for reasonably priced, detailed, stuff I just haven't found. I am, after all, new in this Largescale arena!

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Besides figures you can find some neat heavy equipment to use as flat car loads. I bought a Cat front end loader today for $10. Later RJD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts