G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Jerry,

Wish I was closer as well. Like the idea of a train running day. We may try something like that in the spring for some friends
up in NWA. Our club has a meeting each month, however there usually isn't much train running. I think that several of our
folks would enjoy just a day to run trains and no business etc. At least I would. The way my work schedule is, I only get to
make one or two meetings each year.

Best wishes on your endeavors!

Monte

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Love the caboose! I'd like to have one like that as my office and train control room here. Lord knows I have the space
for it! lol

Yes, there is a good group in NWA. Carl Holt and I started the NWAGRS a little over two years ago. We met at a tour in Tulsa
then we decided it was time for a club in the Fayetteville area. I had to bow out due to work concerns a little over a year ago. Recently
I've made a meeting, but still have most of my Saturday's tied up.

Keep us posted on how things are going on down that way. If we have an opportunity we may drive done sometime.

Monte

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
A couple other things; Henson and his wife Reba are wonderful people. They were at our home a couple of weeks ago for our annual Christmas Wonderland
Open House.

On the caboose....what's it's history? ....anything before MOPAC?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
and.....now we know 'the rest of the story'! Now residing at Jerry McColgan's railroad! I think it's great
that you have kept alive a vital part of railroad history for our area. I look forward to seeing it in person
sometime. Looking forward to updates on restoration progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts