G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given my fondness for high nose diesels, the Aristo-Craft high nose SD45 may well be the most impressive model locomotive I have seen in any scale/gauge. That said, I have always enjoyed the opportunity to see these units at shows and I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing some of these units for myself. Would anyone be able to share with me the Norfolk Southern road numbers available for this locomotive?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts
They came in two road numbers, 1704 & 3145. AC no longer produces the high hood SD-45's and Lewis claims he will never make them again due to poor sales. I purchased a pair of Guilfords on ebay, brand new in the box. Just ran them for the first time this Labor Day. I have photos and vids of high hoods, click below.........Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an Aristo N&W high nose SD45 #1756 Very nice locomotive, i'll try to get pics or vids eventually. You might want to consider looking for N&W as well as NS for a wider possibility of finding.. though I'm not sure the fates of the N&W locos as far as paint goes. Good luck with your search!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts