G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I have the itch to get one of aristocraft's mini cameras. Has anyone used them? How is the quality. How does it look on a 27" - 32" tv? All of the onboard cameras I have seen in the past have been sketchy at best. They usually have horrible color and can't keep a steady signal. Do these cameras suffer from the same problems? I would like to try some kap (kite aerial photography) with one too - like I don't have enough hobbies already! Maybe try it on an rc boat too... Has anyone tried one of these cameras on stuff other than trains?
Anyone have any video taken with one of these that they could post???? I would really like to see what it can do before I buy it.
thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Check Hobby-Lobby.com
I bought one of their cameras and i been using them on G scale trains/Rc cars(Rockcrawlers and its like (Driversseat)
Manfred Diel

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I am glad some one has gotten one that worked, the one I have worked one time and was in black and white .
Has never worked again no matter what I did or tryed.

Owner of K&K the road to nowhere

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
flats,
What country do you live in?

I recall this black & white reception issue not long after the Aristo camera product was first introduced. It had involved someone / folks living in certain countries.

In this regard, I looked into it, and I do cover this issue in the article I wrote, see following introductory excerpt:

"In the event the Aristo camera system variations are operated in countries for which the Camera / Transmitter module is identified contrary to the prevailing video standard, it is possible a picture will be displayed on a TV monitor – albeit WITHOUT color.
....." (much more detail in article)

-Ted

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
I've had one over here in UK since a short while after they became available in PAL system. I's not broadcast qualtiy, but it's pretty darn good when you consider the tiny size of the camera.

Colour and sound in a tiny easy to stow just about anywhere package - I recommend it.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

1 - 8 of 8 Posts