G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that several of you guys who contribute here on MLS have either the first or second generation Aristocraft LS Mikado. Could any of you do me a HUGE favor and take a picture of how you configured the globe valve and extension to the tender for the steam heater in the butane water bath? Describing it in text is okay, but I am more of a visual guy so pictures are really what I need. Thanks in advance for your help!

JT

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
JT-Charles Bednarik did my steam bath line. Cut the drain line and put on a globe valve with the drain going down under the cab. A black hose pushes onto it from the tender. It goes up to a real small copper pipe that just dumps into the hole on top of the bath. DON"T run it with the valve open all the time though, it will get the tank two hot and it will split.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome Jerry! Thanks so much! I am looking forward to installing this. I agree that it would be a very bad idea to run the engine with the valve open, but rather just shoot some steam/hot water in there every once and a while and then I don't have to fiddle with keeping a flask of warm water with me. :D Thanks again for the pictures.

JT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts