G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Posted By Mik on 18 Dec 2009 09:41 AM
compared to my LGBs at least, it has a rather noticeable growl...
No "growl" on my 2009 AristoCraft 80202, 2-8-0 (almost C-16). It does make a low level noise like a belt drive. Almost sounds like the belt on my 2009 Harley Davidson Street Bob. I wonder if AristoCraft uses the same belt.

Just kidding of course!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
AristoCraft is following the trend that Lionel did when it was making G gage trains.
Lionel used Lionel nameplates.
Aristocraft uses Aristocraft nameplates.

In addition to the afore mentioned dimensional issues with the "free" caboose, one of the marker lights didn't last very long. I estimate about 10 minutes of run time.

I first noticed the burned out light this morning as I was setting up for our neighborhood Santa Clause parade this weekend. Last Christmas when I set up a circle on the front lawn, it was such a hit with the neighbors that I feel pressured into doing it this Christmas (and the next, and the next, etc.)

Later today, I plan to post more photos of the "2009 Christmas Oval" at Sailor Don's place on the MLS Photography Forum.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I commented to Lewis once, "Those C16's are sure pretty."

"I liked them so much I bought the company," he replied.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
I know that you can get builders plates for nearly every major manufacturer of that day. It shouldn't be much of a problem to "correct!"

·
Registered
474 Posts
Friends,
The photo of the caboose #0587 posted by SailorDon is of the original Delton caboose. It is red (not boxcar red). Nice caboose. This is the one that Aristo got the molds to. I like it, but I like the squatty look to the USA Trains caboose (but I hate the door odd size). Anyway, I LOVE the Rio Grande!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts