G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
Thanks Tony for confirming that the Pacific was produced in the "Revo friendly" tender version before Aristo's last gasp.

The first version did not have the prime mover gearbox with the huge side to side motion, so I guess that narrowing the gauge would allow tighter curves. I have never owned a 1st gen Pacific so this is one issue I never ran into.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
The falling off at turnouts was so bad a friend made some cast bronze spacers to mount behind the middle drivers. That solved the problem of derailing at the expense of needing wider radius curves.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I had to add a bushing to the front drivers of my 2-8-0's because of the side to side movement. Not for the same reason but I have four magnets on one of the front drivers for chuff sound with a reed switch. The driver sometimes would slide so far to one side that I would lose the chuff.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
The Pacific and Mikado had the socket in the boiler.
I installed r/c batteries in the boiler of my 1st gen pacific, and there definitely wasn't a socket in there! It was long before PnP was first suggested. All the wires came to a pair of screws in the firebox - and there was another pair on the frames for all the wheel pickups - we had a thread about that sometime last year?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts