G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
These early versions did not have any electronics - no sound, nada. I bought a cheap slope-back tender and used the sound card and speaker in my C-16 tender. It still didn't sound good, but that was 20 years ago. Now I'd get a modern card, like Mylocosound.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
The new tender (2nd Aristo version) has holes for the speaker, and switches, etc.
. . and no reed switches. ;)

But that's interesting. How does it have lights and motor switches when all the electrics are in the loco?
I ask because my pal Tim has a loco with a 6-pin connector on the back which I had never seen. Nor does he have the 3-way switch on the backhead.

Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring Machine Auto part

Where does the 6-pin connect to the tender?

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
there are 2 versions (from Aristo) and the newer version has the socket in the tender, as mentioned on my web site.
Maybe it was a bit ambiguous on your website? I certainly didn't get the idea there were 2 different tender wiring styles for the different engines.

Anyoine have a photo of the front of the second gen tender showing the 6-pin connector?

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Nothing ambiguous there I can see... even big black separator lines...
Greg, your website is a wonderful resource - but it didn't answer my questions. There are 2 pieces of useful information that I didn't find, (and still haven't found.)

- the fact that the loco-tender wiring is totally different on the new version, with the 6-pin connector. A corollary is that this loco will not operate on its own without the tender, as the track pickups and motor leads are both routed to the tender 'motor' switch.

- which basically means the tenders are not interchangeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.