G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of new (but old aristo u25B design) Uboats on eBay for our Christmas display. They worked great! But one of them developed a nasty noice in the rear truck; kind of a loud squeak. It has also lost power.

So I bought a bew motor block, ART 29351 and got it today. I think I may have the wrong part.

The motor block looks like it will fit, but it not designed the same. The old block has axles sticking out on each sideof the wheels that go into a brass bushings. The new one has no axles sticking out and has an extra pair of wires. Will this new block work? Will it be OK to run with the front truck being the older design?

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry Bill, you're going to need to get another new motor block. Your U has the original issue motor blocks and the replacement is the new ball bearing one you just got. The old and new ones run at different speeds. Wiring is a bit different with a set of power leads to the motor and one set from the juice from the wheels. Some tips - http://www.aristocraft.com/articles/locomotive%20upgrades/rs-3%20upgrade/index.html

-Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts